Below we explain how Coder Studios, our partners, and other third parties use these technologies, your privacy settings, and the other options you have.
What are cookies, pixels, and local storage?
A pixel is a small amount of code on a web page or in an email notification. As many services do, we use pixels to learn whether you’ve interacted with certain web or email content. This helps us measure and improve our services and personalise your experience.
Local storage is an industry-standard technology that allows a website or application to store information locally on your computer or mobile device. We use local storage to customise what we show you based on your past interactions with our services.
Why do our services use these technologies?
Our services use these technologies to deliver, measure, and improve our services in various ways. These uses generally fall into one of the following categories:
- Authentication and security:
- To log you into Coder Studios.
- To protect your security.
- To let you to view content with limited distribution.
- To help us detect and fight spam, abuse, and other activities that violate the Coder Studios Rules.
- For example, these technologies help authenticate your access to Coder Studios and prevent unauthorised parties from accessing your account. They also let us show you appropriate content through our services.
- To remember information about your browser and your preferences.
- For example, cookies help us remember your preferred language or the country that you are in. We can then provide you with Coder Studios content in your preferred language without having to ask you each time you visit Coder Studios. On Coder Studios, we can also customise content based on your country, such as showing you what topics are trending near you, or to withhold certain content based on applicable local laws.
- Analytics and research:
- To help us improve and understand how people use our services, including Coder Studios widgets, and Coder Studios Ads.
- For example, cookies help us test different versions of our services to see which particular features or content users prefer. We might also optimise and improve your experience on Coder Studios by using cookies to see how you interact with our services, such as when and how often you use them and what links you click on. We may use Google Analytics to assist us with this. Learn more about the cookies you may encounter through our use of Google Analytics. Learn more about the analytics cookies used by Coder Studios.
- Personalised content:
- To customise our services with more relevant content, like tailored trends, stories, ads, and suggestions for people to follow.
- For example, local storage tells us which parts of your Coder Studios timeline you have viewed already so that we can show you the appropriate new content. Cookies can help us make smarter and more relevant suggestions about who you might enjoy following based on your visits to websites that have integrated Coder Studios embeds.
Where are these technologies used?
We (along with third parties) use these technologies on our websites, applications, and services and on other websites, applications, and services that have integrated our services, including third-party properties that incorporate our advertising technology. This includes our ad partners’ websites and sites that use our embeds. Third parties may also use these technologies, for example, when you click on links from our websites or applications, view or interact with third-party content from within our services, or visit third-party websites that incorporate our advertising technology.